STEP 1: REGISTER YOUR EYEWEAR
Register for warranty, software updates and service.
STEP 2: UNDERSTAND YOUR LED's
Power & Memory Indicators
- Memory Full
- Memory Full + Low Power
- Lower Power (10% remaining)
- Very Low Power (3% remaining)
LED is on.
LED is blinking.
LED is rapidly blinking
Device Status Indicators
- Red LED: capture & memory status
- Green LED: charging
- Blue LED: power & battery level
STEP 3: CHARGE YOUR PIVOTHEADS
Connect your new Pivotheads to a computer or compatible charging device. A mobile phone charger, battery pack, or any device that is able to send a 0.5V to 1.0V charge will work just fine. When the device is successfully charging, you will notice a steady, green LED.
STEP 4: POWER ON YOUR PIVOTHEADS
TO POWER ON YOUR PIVOTHEADS:
- Find, press, and release the on/off button - located on the bottom of the left arm of your Pivotheads - to power on the device.
- Assuming you have indeed completed Step 3 and the world's electrical grid hasn't been wiped out by a massive sun spot eruption or EMP, a blue LED should now be lit.
- When you see a blue LED in the position shown below then congratulations are in order - for you have successfully powered on your Pivotheads.
- To power off your Pivotheads: Use the same process as above. Neato, right?
STEP 5: RECORD YOUR FIRST VIDEO
TO RECORD A VIDEO:
- Press & release the front of the pivot switch (pictured above) to begin recording. By default your Pivotheads come configured for short & long press settings. Press & release to start a 1080p@30fps video. Press & hold for 3 seconds to start recording a 720p@60fps video. These settings can be configured in our desktop app.
- Your Pivothead’s red LED will begin blinking when recording begins, and continue to blink until you end the recording.
- Press & release the front of the pivot switch again to stop recording.
- BOOM. You've done it.
STEP 6: CAPTURE YOUR FIRST PHOTO
TO CAPTURE A PHOTO:
- Locate, press & release the rear pivot switch to capture a 3 image burst. Press & hold for 3 seconds to start capturing one 8mp image every second in time-lapse mode. These settings can be configured in our desktop app.
- A red LED blink will indicate a photo has been captured and a constant blinking red LED will indicate a time-lapse is being captured. To stop a time-lapse capture press & release the rear pivot switch again.
- That's it. Hopefully it was a good one. If it was - share it on our Facebook page!
STEP 7: DOWNLOAD MY VIDEOS & PICS
CONNECT YOUR PIVOTHEADS TO YOUR COMPUTER.
- Connect your Pivotheads to your Mac or PC using the provided USB cable.
- Once connected, power on your Pivotheads.
- Your Pivotheads should now be recognized on your computer just like a standard USB flash drive or SD card.
While connected to a computer all three LEDs will be illuminated.
DOWNLOAD THE PIVOTHEAD DESKTOP APP.
Available for Mac (OSX) or Windows.
GET SOME HELP.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE POWER!
Pivotheads do require power - so if you skipped Step 4 - head back above and charge up your device.
- Check to make sure your Pivotheads are fully charged.
- Use the supplied Micro USB cable.
(other cables don't always meet our rigid quality standards)
TRY A HARD FACTORY RESET.
Pivotheads operate on software - and sometimes software is...well...soft. A hard reset might do the trick. Here's two ways to do it.
- Find, press, and hold the power button down for ~15 seconds.
- Plug your Pivotheads into a computer and holding the video, photo & power button for ~15 seconds.
I STILL HAVE ISSUES.
No problem, it happens! Head to http://support.pivothead.com.