STEP 1: REGISTER YOUR EYEWEAR
Register for warranty, software updates and service.
STEP 2: UNDERSTAND YOUR LED's
Power & Memory Indicators
- Memory Full
- Memory Full + Low Power
- Lower Power (10% remaining)
- Very Low Power (3% remaining)
LED is on.
LED is blinking.
LED is rapidly blinking
Device Status Indicators
- Red LED: capture & memory status
- Green LED: charging
- Blue LED: power & battery level
STEP 3: CHARGE YOUR PIVOTHEADS
Connect your new Pivotheads to a computer or compatible charging device. A mobile phone charger, battery pack, or any device that is able to send a 0.5V to 1.0V charge will work just fine. When the device is successfully charging, you will notice a steady, green LED.
STEP 4: POWER ON YOUR PIVOTHEADS
TO POWER ON YOUR PIVOTHEADS:
- Find, press, and release the on/off button - located on the bottom of the left arm of your Pivotheads - to power on the device.
- Assuming you have indeed completed Step 3 and the world's electrical grid hasn't been wiped out by a massive sun spot eruption or EMP, a blue LED should now be lit.
- When you see a blue LED in the position shown below then congratulations are in order - for you have successfully powered on your Pivotheads.
- To power off your Pivotheads: Use the same process as above. Neato, right?
STEP 5: RECORD YOUR FIRST VIDEO
TO RECORD A VIDEO:
- Press & release the front of the pivot switch (pictured above) to begin recording. By default your Pivotheads come configured for short & long press settings. Press & release to start a 1080p@30fps video. Press & hold for 3 seconds to start recording a 720p@60fps video. These settings can be configured in our desktop app.
- Your Pivothead’s red LED will begin blinking when recording begins, and continue to blink until you end the recording.
- Press & release the front of the pivot switch again to stop recording.
- BOOM. You've done it.
STEP 6: CAPTURE YOUR FIRST PHOTO
TO CAPTURE A PHOTO:
- Locate, press & release the rear pivot switch to capture a 3 image burst. Press & hold for 3 seconds to start capturing one 8mp image every second in time-lapse mode. These settings can be configured in our desktop app.
- A red LED blink will indicate a photo has been captured and a constant blinking red LED will indicate a time-lapse is being captured. To stop a time-lapse capture press & release the rear pivot switch again.
- That's it. Hopefully it was a good one. If it was - share it on our Facebook page!
STEP 7: DOWNLOAD MY VIDEOS & PICS
CONNECT YOUR PIVOTHEADS TO YOUR COMPUTER.
- Connect your Pivotheads to your Mac or PC using the provided USB cable.
- Once connected, power on your Pivotheads.
- Your Pivotheads should now be recognized on your computer just like a standard USB flash drive or SD card.
While connected to a computer all three LEDs will be illuminated.
DOWNLOAD THE PIVOTHEAD DESKTOP APP.
Available for Mac (OSX) or Windows starting August 6th. Sign up to be notified when it's available.
WAIT A SECOND! CAN'T I DO ALL OF THIS WIRELESSLY?
Why yes. Yes you can. With the Air Sync.
GET SOME HELP.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE POWER!
Pivotheads do require power - so if you skipped Step 4 - head back above and charge up your device.
- Check to make sure your Pivotheads are fully charged.
- Use the supplied Micro USB cable.
(other cables don't always meet our rigid quality standards)
TRY A HARD FACTORY RESET.
Pivotheads operate on software - and sometimes software is...well...soft. A hard reset might do the trick. Here's two ways to do it.
- Find, press, and hold the power button down for ~15 seconds.
- Plug your Pivotheads into a computer and holding the video, photo & power button for ~15 seconds.