NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - Pivothead (www.pivothead.com), makers of the world's only hands-free 1080p HD video recording sunglasses for seamlessly chronicling life's everyday adventures, today announced the addition of two new models and five new styles to its award-winning and design-patented collection of high-performance imaging eyewear. The new models, Moab and Recon, are half-rim frame designs which join the existing full-rim Aurora and Durango models; all of which offer multiple lens choices including clear, green, amber, blue and violet lenses. The Pivothead collection includes 17 eyewear styles for today's fashion-forward life enthusiasts, including amateur and professional outdoor enthusiasts, weekend warriors, moms, dads, tourists, extreme athletes, law enforcement personnel, and more. The Pivothead lineup includes 4 styles specifically designed for women.
"We set out to create the ultimate in wearable technology for the most ergonomically convenient and intuitive user experience with true point-of-view (POV) HD recording, and the result is a growing family of the world's most advanced, yet super cool and stylish sunglasses that virtually everyone would love to own," said Christopher Cox, founder and president of Pivothead. "Today we are excited to announce the new Moab and Recon models, and our enthusiastic and loyal customers can look forward to many more stunning new styles and accessories as we continue to establish Pivothead as the clear leader in hands-free, true 1080p HD video recording sunglasses."
Pivothead eyewear features professional-grade optics incorporated into each pair of sunglasses, and polarized lenses are available on select models. The camera is discretely centered in the bridge of the glasses for the truest first-person perspective possible. The lens, featuring an 8MP Sony CMOS sensor, can capture full 1080p HD MP4 format video at 30 frames per second as well as 8MP stills. The glasses feature 8GB of internal memory, which can store up to one hour of video content at full 1080p HD. The glasses have a self-containing battery, a 75-degree field of vision, and are ready-to-use straight out of the box. Select styles also offer interchangeable lenses.
New Models and Styles:
The Moab collection is available in the following styles:
- Iguana - brings style and says "in-your-face" while you record POV video. Swap out the lens to suit your mood -- polarized green and rose.
- Ice - this style is equipped with a glossy white frame with blue rubberized temples and two interchangeable lenses, you'll turn heads while you grab hold of life in brilliant HD video.
The Recon collection is available in the following styles:
- Conceal - specifically designed with stealth in mind. Sporting the authentic Realtree Max 4TM camouflage pattern, you can capture great POV video footage without blowing your cover.
- BlackJet - tough on looks and durability. Designed with law enforcement, outdoorsmen and other tough customers in mind, the Recon BlackJet is just as uncompromising as you are. Equipped with a rubberized-armor frame, the 2mm polycarbonate lenses are interchangeable and come in shooting yellow, clear and gray.
Additional Pivothead eyewear specifications include:
- Brilliant 1080p HD video & audio recording; 720p@60fps/ 720p@30fps options
- 8MP image sensor
- Four focus options: auto, fixed, continuous, macro
- 8GB on-board memory
- 2GB SDRAM
- Still image capture during video
- Up to 16 burst capture still images at rapid trigger speed
- Exposure & ISO settings
- 6 time lapse settings
- Ultra lightweight impact-resistant frames
- Black & white video/photo settings
- Polarized, Revo and Photochromic lenses
- Numerous control setting options including, action, social, indoor and black & white
- Face tracking
- Smartphone app with setting controls, quick crop and share features
- Control setting software for MAC, PC, iOS, Android
Pricing and availability:
Pivothead eyewear is available for $349.00 MSRP from Pivothead and at select retailers in the U.S. For more information, please visit www.pivothead.com.
Headquartered in New York City at the intersection of Fashion and Technology, progressive upstart Pivothead is blazing a fresh trail in wearable technology with the world's first and only 1080p HD video recording sunglasses for today's fashion-forward life enthusiasts who share a passion for style, technology and adventure. Featuring state-of-the-art camera technologies seamlessly fused with brilliantly styled and superbly crafted sunglass frames; Pivothead brings unprecedented comfort, always-ready simplicity and sensuous style to true hands-free still photo and HD video capture. To experience our ever-expanding collection of frame styles or accessories, or to discover how Pivothead is forever changing the way we chronicle the adventure we call life, visit www.pivothead.com.